Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My new addiction?

So I mentioned in my last post that Jeff and I had been saving up for a new camera for a while, and lusting over a few of them for quite a bit longer than that. Last week after a long and well-researched process, we did it. We bought the camera. THE. CAMERA. I know everyone has their own loves when it comes to camera brands, some people are Canon all the way or Nikon without question, but after talking to a lot of people and doing some reading, we decided to go with Pentax. I won't bore you with the details of why we chose it, unless of course you want those details, and in that case just leave me a comment or email me, but after one week and about 150 pictures taken, we happy so far. Amelia said that I need to prepare myself for this to become my new addiction.

The thing that blows me away is the sheer quality of the photographs. Granted we had an old, fat, small screen digital camera that we were used to, but the difference is really remarkable. I am no photographer; this is the first nice camera I've ever owned, but even on the regular "camera does all the work for you" mode, the photographs are unbelievable. I don't know how to explain it, other than to say that you can really "see" so much more in each photograph.

Here is a peek at the past week through the lens of the new purchase (and with a very, very amateur user pushing the button):


Our happy girl.


Our happy girls!


She was working hard on getting that last Cheerio into her mouth.


Caroline and I spent Friday night at a birthday party at a place kids love with an odd and incomprehensible love: Chuck E Cheese. This horse riding game was tops for her that night.


Caroline and I woke up early Saturday morning and did one of her favorite things: baked! We made banana bread and a cake and after all of that measuring, pouring, and mixing, my little girl was in heaven. She loves this new stirrer for some reason, so she's showing it off for all of you to admire!

No comments: