Sunday, September 06, 2009

Swimming girls

We've been trying to make it a point to spend some time at the pool in the afternoons and evenings as the summer winds down. Caroline has gotten to be a pretty good little swimmer, though her bravery is still bigger than her skill right now. But, I like that she is confident and enjoys being in the water. Charlotte loves to be in the pool too and it is such a joy to watch her splash and kick and smile and laugh at herself.

Jeff and I both have really good memories of being young spending time at the pool in the summers. I have especially fond memories of those summer mornings at the pool with friends followed by the afternoon thunderstorms. We'd run for the car and stop by 7-Eleven and the movie store on the way home. There's nothing like drinking an Icee with your hair still wet from swimming, cuddled up on the couch in your towel watching a movie. When I think back about those days I can almost smell the chlorine and sunscreen.





Here's a glimpse at our girl's bravery in action:

2 comments:

Jen said...

She is such a cutie! I love her little skip as she goes for another jump off the board! Glad you're able to enjoy these last few days of Summer at the Pool! I too remember spending lots of time at the pool as a kid!! I miss those days!

J Bussell said...

That's awesome! I wish I had thought of Jeff's method of letting her rest on my back while we made it to the side when we were there.