Saturday, November 21, 2009

Oh my!

I've been awful, JUST AWFUL, about posting lately, so to all five of you reading this: I'm sorry!

Here's a little pictorial update of what we've been up to.



On Veterans Day, I had the day off of work, so we took the girls down to New Orleans for the day and went to the Audubon Zoo. It was Charlotte's first trip there, and she was an absolute angel. The weather was perfect, so she spent time soaking in the sun and breeze from the stroller.


It had been about a year since we last took Caroline there, so she was on a mission to find all of her favorite animals. And by "all of her favorite animals" I mean all the animals at the zoo. Except lizards, alligators, and bugs. Let me just say that as much as I like to see those animals from a distance, I had forgotten how up close and personal the white alligator is to you. There is only a piece of glass between you and this deadly creature! It freaked me out a little too, so Caroline and I rushed right on through that little exhibit.

Among other things, we saw Lions,



Tigers (A white one. Yes, he's napping),



And bears (but we have no pictures of bears, so here's Caroline with a turtle). Oh my!



And Charlotte was treated to her first ride on the carousel. It was hysterical. She loved it and Caroline loved having her sister right next to her on the ride.


Charlotte chose the panda. Mostly because of its proximity to the "white sparkly horse" that Caroline wanted to ride.











We had a great day with two great little girls. Two very tired on the way home in New Orleans afternoon traffic great little girls. Theses smiles make that whiny hour or so worth it. In retrospect :-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.