Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Things They Say

Caroline and Charlotte say things on a regular basis that totally crack me up.  I don't know whether anyone else would laugh, but they more than entertain me.  A couple of recent examples for you:

I was putting Charlotte to bed a few nights ago and while I was rubbing her back for a few moments, she grabbed my hand and looked at me and said, "Mama, we need to find a new park."  I replied, "Why Charlotte?"  She said, "We need find a candy park and a purple park."

I really had to keep my laughter in until I left her room.  I suppose to her 2 1/2 year old mind, the only thing better than a regular park would be a park made of candy and a park completely decked out in your favorite color.

And if you are on Facebook, you probably read this one, but the other night Charlotte came up to me and said, "Mama, you is my best friend, right?"  I was so touched that I quickly replied, "Oh Charlotte!  You are my best friend too!"  Her face lit up and she said, "I not to go bed soon now, okay?"  

Well played Charlotte.  



Today when we were driving home from school and work, Caroline asked me what the word "jealous" means.  I tried explaining it the best I could by saying that it means that you want something that someone else has.  She said, "Oh, of course, like I am jealous of fairies because of the portals!"  I wasn't sure what to say to that, so I just said, "Well, I suppose that's right, but can you tell me more about what you mean?"  She said, "Well, you know how fairies have portals in certain secret places to get to the fairy places?  Well, I want to find those.  Can we find one?  Oh!  Or . . . WE could make one!"

And yesterday afternoon when Caroline was eating an orange, she spit out a seed and was horrified.  She said, "Uhh!  A nut!  What is a nut doing in my orange!"

I'm sure I've said it at least five million times, but I love these girls.  They make my day.

No comments: