Saturday, June 19, 2010

And now that we're almost halfway through summer vacation . . .

I can't believe that it is getting close to the end of June. Caroline starts school in early August, so I feel like once July hits, we'll be starting to do school preparation and that will of course make the end of summer vacation seem even more imminent.

We've had a great summer so far though; we've spent plenty of weekends and evenings at the pool swimming with the girls. Charlotte is fearless in the water and loves to put her face in and blow bubbles just like her big sister. Caroline is really getting to be a pretty good swimmer, she just doesn't quite trust herself to take a breath most of the time just yet. She's been working on diving off of the side of the pool, and she's honestly gotten to be pretty good at it!

We spent a week at at the beach with my mom and brothers and sister in law and nephew at the very beginning of June. Thankfully, we missed the oil's arrival in Perdido Key and it was really nice to enjoy the sand, waves, sun,and pool for a week. The girls both loved the beach; Caroline has always enjoyed it, but last summer Charlotte spent most of the vacation coping with an ear infection, so I wasn't sure how she'd take to the sand. She loved it and enjoyed digging and playing in the sand with Caroline. She also loved the endless supply of snacks that accompanied us to the beach each day! You can read Amelia's beach recap here.




And finally, today Jeff took Caroline fishing on a little daddy-daughter day and they had a great time. Caroline was very proud of herself; she caught 5 fish (more than her Papa) and had so
much fun.
She was one tired girl this evening! As she was sitting int he living room watching a show on the Food Network, it was time to take a bath and she said, "Mama, I wish there was a bathtub in here so that I could watch this show on TV and let you bath me. I'm too tired." Maybe one day she'll enjoy the luxury of having a TV above her bathtub - I think I'll officially discourage her from adding a bathtub to her living room.

In baby news, I'm feeling good and she is growing. It is hard to believe that by the beginning of September there will be another pink-clad body living in our house. We haven't decided on a name yet, but we're finally working on it! Hopefully we'll agree on something soon and I'll be able to share that bit of news. Caroline's latest suggestion is to name her Charlotte, but I think that might get a little confusing,. So far Charlotte's only contribution to the name game is "baby"; so the search is still ongoing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, what happened to King Tritan? Prince Eric? Flower? :) I've been racking my brain too, although for some reason everything I come up with starts with a C. When we were trying to name Asher every single boys name that I like ended in "on" or "an" which I didn't like because of our last name also ending in "on". Anyway, obviously it worked out, but apparently I get locked into baby name loops. You've chosen such beautiful names so far, I know that this little lady is going to grow up loving her name!!