Monday, August 11, 2008

August 10, 2008

Our baby turned three today. I can hardly believe it - she is growing and learning every day and I'm not sure where these past 36 months have gone. She brings me more smiles and laughs than I ever imagined possible and shown me how much you can truly love a person. She challenges me in new ways every day too. I am learning patience and thankfulness and humility each day I'm with her. She challenges my mind and my heart as well. Her little three year old way of asking "why" makes me look deeper than my 30 year old mind often would. I have new eyes and a keen awareness of how much I need God to parent this little girl into the kind of young woman I hope she becomes, and more importantly, that God desires she become. I always "knew" that I would love my children, but I had no idea what that would look like or feel like and I don't think anyone can prepare you for how hard you fall for them, for how much you would do for them, and for all that they bring to your life.

Caroline, thank you for 36 of the most blessed months of my life. We love you our little 3 year old!


August 10, 2005



No comments: