Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Eat. Sleep. Repeat

That is the life of baby, isn't it?  They eat, look around a little bit, smile, play if they are in a good mood, and then it's off to night-night.  That cycle has taken on a little bit of a new look in our house over the past week or so. 

Although I hesitate to put words to this, I think Camille may have emerged from the newborn sleep phase.  And now, just because I said that, she'll go back to multiple wakings in the night.  Ever since the beginning of December, Camille's sleep has been of the "two steps forward, one step back" variety.  She'd sleep for six or seven hours one night and then she'd wake up every two hours the next night.  But for three night now, she's slept through the night.  By "through the night" I do mean from about 7:15 or 7:30 until at least 4:30 in the morning.  There are no words for how warmly I've welcomed uninterupted sleep back into my life.  Sleep is one of those things that you can never truly appreciate until you do without it.

In other news, Camille also has started eating solids!  She had a little rice cereal the other morning and actually seemed to like it.  Then a couple of days later, I added a little bit of mashed pear to the cereal mix and she couldn't get enough.  She whined every time after she swallowed and I didn't get the next bite to her mouth quite quickly enough for her liking.  The small joys of introducing a baby to new food are beginning again in our family and I love it.

No comments: