Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We went to Slidell on Wednesday night and stayed with Jeff's parents and Caroline of course woke up bright and early on Thursday as she tends to do when we stay away from home! We took her to a great park that they have in Slidell and played there for probably an hour or so before the cold, wet, windy morning got to be too much for Mama. I wish they had a playground like this in Baton Rouge. Here are a few pics from the outing:















Then we spent Thanksgiving Day at Jeff's brother Bobby's house. Bobby's wife Christina is an amazing cook, so we had some wonderful food and a good time hanging out with family. Bobby's boys have a pet pig named "Babe" and Caroline was fascinated with her. The boys were so sweet with Caroline, not only did they teach her how to feed Babe, they watched movies with her and played 2 year old games despite the fact that they are 12, 9, and 7. It was a good day. Here's a picture of Caroline and the boys with the pig:



On Thursday night we headed back home to BR and on Friday watched an utterly disappointing and disheartening football game. I hated to see LSU lose, but honestly, they didn't play well, and I guess in the big scheme of things, my life is no different than it was on Thursday! Finally, on Saturday Jeff and I celebrated our 7th anniversary and went out to eat at Roberto's River Road (the link was bad before, now it's fixed) and it was fabulous. If you live in BR and have never been out there, you have to go; and if you don't live in BR, the next time you visit, remind me to take you there.

Sorry for the long post, but we have so much to be thankful for, I just wanted to share!

2 comments:

Allison Bussell said...

What great pictures of Jeff and Caroline! I see he cut his hair. ;) I hope that y'all had a great 7th anniversary. I can't believe our 7th is right around the corner.

Anonymous said...

I love that the Beck boys have a pig! How liberating for them!