Friday, April 11, 2008

Rising waters

Late last week I took Caroline to the levee downtown after work to see how high the river has been lately. I don't remember the last time I saw it this high - maybe late high school, early in college? I don't think it is supposed to crest at Baton Rouge until April 16th, so we'll have to go back next week to see how high it gets. After we walked around on the levee downton for a while, we met Jeff at the levee near LSU. He and Caroline walked down to the water, but I still had my heels on from work and I thought the soggy ground and my footwear wouldn't be a great combination. It was so neat to see barges parked on an area that is normally a grassy area where we take Caroline to run around. She had a great time throwing sticks and flowers into the river and running up and down the levee. Here are the pics:















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing Caroline with all these bows in her hair!! Being something of a late bloomer in the hair department myself, I can appreciate how excited she must be everyday to get those bows in there. Drew and I think about ya'll and talk about how much we love that little girl on a daily basis...she is truly a little light! Miss you!