Friday, July 17, 2009

A compliment?

When we lived in Knoxville, there was a commercial that never failed to make Jeff and me crack up laughing. It was a scene of a bunch of men working out at a gym and over the loud speaker came a voice saying, "The owner of a brown min-van, you left your lights on." All of the men look around nervously at one another, but no one dares to go to the door to turn off his lights. I know my narrative doesn't do it justice, but it was hysterical. I guess there is something of a blow to the ego for a man who drives a van?

Jeff drives a car that looks like this:


It's a Subaru Forrester, and I think it's billed as a "small SUV." Why do I tell you this information? Because it is a necessary piece of information for the best compliment Jeff has gotten all summer. Okay, in my opinion it is the best compliment he's gotten all summer.

So, Jeff coaches swim team at a pool in Gonzales near our church. A little girl who is about 6 or 7 came up to Jeff one morning recently and said very shyly, "Coach Jeff . . . I like your gray van." Your gray VAN! Oh. My. Goodness. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

No comments: