Sunday, July 12, 2009

Latest stats



Charlotte finally had her 6 month check up on Friday (and yes she is closer to 8 months old). While this little girl eats like there is no tomorrow, her stats are slipping a little. She's fallen to somewhere between the 10th and 25th percentile for her weight and she's holding right under the 50th percentile for her height. Our doctor wasn't overly concerned because she does eat well, but we'll see how things change over the next six weeks before I take her in for the 9 month check up.

Charlotte did great with getting the shots. She has a temper, so she WAILED when the nurse gave them to her, but as soon as I picked her up, she stopped crying and gave the nurse a big toothy grin. It was precious.




Friday morning Caroline had a little performance at school. It was actually preschool graduation for a group of the kids who are moving on to kindergarten and some to new schools, but Caroline isn't going anywhere just yet. She did get to sing though, which was absolutely adorable. They did a slide show of the kids too, which I think did not leave a dry eye in the crowd. It is so amazing how this little girl has grown up right before my eyes. I honestly do take for granted how she changes and grows and matures each day. Until you take the time to actually look back at the progression over time, you don't realize those subtle changes. Or I should say that I don't realize those subtle changes. Our two girls are truly a blessing and a gift to me; I am so thankful that God has entrusted Jeff and me to raise them.



In some other exciting news for our family: we are now the proud sponsors of a little three year old girl named Lizeth from Ecuador. Caroline chose a girl her own age and we are all excited about this opportunity. This is something we've been meaning to do for a few months now and we've finally actually done it. We hope to add more Compassion children to our "family" in the months and years to come. I encourage you to go check out the Compassion website to see how $32 a month can change the life of one child and his or her family.

No comments: