Thursday, October 11, 2012

"I just want to be on stage!"

When she was about four, Caroline came to my office one time and lamented that her dream was "just to be on stage!"  My co-workers still laugh about the gusto with which she expressed that four year old desire.  Thanks to her school, Caroline has realized that dream a few times now over her school years since kindergarten.

And today she continued reaching that dream when she had a mini-performance at school today.  The kids were fabulous.  I can't say enough how much I admire the teachers at Caroline's school for all they do.  The kids love to perform and they direct that love and focus it into some really incredible talent.  They sing, they dance, they act and they all look like they truly enjoy it.

The second grade performance today was "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and Caroline was in a group of sheep performing circus-like tricks with the boy (yes, it was a spin on the old story).  As always, Caroline ate it up.  She loves being on stage, singing, dancing, performing in just about any way.  Seeing her face light up is so satisfying for Jeff and for me as her parents.  There is truly nothing like seeing your child immersed in something they love.  I pray each of my girls finds something that brings them joy the way that performing brings 7 year old Caroline joy.

Here are a few pics of my little circus sheep:











No comments: