Thursday, September 18, 2008

More on Sarah Palin, but this is not funny

After I posted the link to the website that you can generate your own "if I was a child of Sarah Palin" name, I read this and it is truly disturbing.

I heard the story on the news last night about someone hacking into her personal email, which in itself is bothersome and indicative of what this election season has become. But the extent to which this was taken as you can see from the link goes beyond bothersome to truly disgusting. I saw something on a blog the other day and I won't link to it because it is also in the camp of the "disgusting" that I've seen in the past two weeks, but the blog writer had a letter that is circulating on the internet and on left leaning blogs. The letter is from some PAC and encourages people to send in donations to Pl@nned P@renthood in Sarah Palin's name. They note "how funny" it will be when she gets all of these cards from PP saying so much money has been donated in her name. Hysterical. Making a joke out of an issue that is not only something a person is against, but has some very personal issues that make her stand on that more than a political choice.

I said a while back that I wasn't going to post political things on this blog during this election, but this is more a matter of decency. Lately this election has become about saying nasty things about a vice presidential candidate and it gives credence to the reason so many people stay out of politics and political issues: it is dirty and personal and not about the American people or even the candidates' and their stand on issues. Like Sarah Palin or dislike her, the list of what is going on in the "news" and internet is disgusting and I hope people from both parties can distance themselves from the list of atrocities in the site I linked to above.

What we should be talking about: Is she qualified? Are any of the candidates qualified? Where do they stand on issues that are important to me and my family? Those are all valid questions that each of us has to answer for ourselves.

No comments: