Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thoughts on the economy

I am shamelessly under-educated about the financial markets and the true implications of the mess in NYC and DC. Here's a link to a short piece on what Dave Ramsey has to say about it. I have read one of his books and find his financial advice and knowledge to be right on. Trusting what the print and TV media are saying about this (okay, about anything) doesn't seem like a safe bet and I don't think it's a good idea to point fingers or listen to the political folks try to spin it (keep in mind that 40% of democrats in the House voted against it, too).

1 comment:

Allison Bussell said...

Dave is presenting his "plan in lieu of bailout" (which Jeremy have been following) on the O'Reilly Factor right now (gotta love TIVO). Can't wait to see it, but from the research that I've done on the issue, his plan sure beats 700 Billion if you ask me.