Thursday, December 04, 2008

At home

We've been home for a few days now and we're settling in to life with two girls instead of one!  Caroline has truly been such a sweet sister and a help to me.  She wants to hug and kiss Charlotte as often as possible and wants to hold her just about every other minute and she is learning to be gentle with her.  She wants to know why Charlotte sleeps all the time and when she is going to be able to play on the floor with her.  It is really hard to explain the concept of "months from now" to a three year old; if anyone has some suggestions, send them my way!  

For her part, Charlotte is a great baby (at five days old!).  She eats well and slept very well last night - the first few nights were less than ideal for me, but I endured 6 months of not great sleep with Caroline, so I am far from my limit yet!  Jeff is being a great husband and dad, taking Caroline to school and putting her to bed and helping her in the middle of the night when she is ready to get up to be with Charlotte.  This is definitely a transition for all of us and so far it is going well.  I feel great and am just so thankful to have a healthy, happy family with a tiny new blessing in it.  

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday.   






No comments: