Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

April 20, 2008 was Joshua's due date. Today, April 20, 2009, we are holding a precious baby girl who has brought joy to our lives in a new and wonderful way. She would not be here had we not lost him. The paradox of the intertwining of loss and death with the gift of life hits home for me in a new way on these milestone days. I am not sure I'm any closer to understanding it today than I was a year ago, but I take comfort in the fact that "at the start He was there . . . and at the end He'll be there." We will never be the same.

No comments: