Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oh my goodness!

Caroline has a few new favorite words and phrases. First, she loves to say "Oh my goodness" or "Oh my gracious" when she is surprised or generally whenever those phrases might be appropriate. She also says "buzz" instead of "because". So, if you ask her, "Caroline, why do you need that?" She'll usually respond with "Um, buzz, I need it."

Along those sames lines, last night I got home at about 7:15 from work because (buzz) I had a Council meeting. Caroline was already in the bath when I got home, so I went in to talk to her and Jeff. We had a rather funny little exchange that I thought I'd share.
Jeff asked me how the meeting went and I said, "Well, it was long and boring."
Caroline: "Where you were?"
Mom: "I was at a meeting and it was long and boring."
Caroline: "What you do?"
Mom: "I didn't do anything, I just had to sit there."
Caroline: "Oh, you not talk?"
Mom: "No, Caroline, I had to sit and be very quiet."
Caroline: "You was at work?"
Mom: "Yes, I was at work."
Caroline: "Oh my goodness!"
Mom: "Exactly how I feel baby."

No comments: