Thursday, July 17, 2008

All's Quiet on the Political Front

A couple of months ago I decided to stop blogging about and linking to political commentary. There are a few reasons for that decision: 1) There are plenty of people out there blogging and writing articles about politics and there are even some who do it well, 2) I'm not going to change anyone's mind with my ramblings, 3) my friends and family (and a few people I only know via the web) have political views that fall all over the spectrum and they really come here to see Caroline, right?, 4) I think the current political climate is too intense and I'm not interested in adding fuel to that fire, and finally 5) God is in control (I don't mean that I think God will pick the next President, just to clarify - if you are really interested in what I mean by that, email me). I still read quite a bit of political commentary and news in general, but I've just excused myself from the table of discussion on here.

All that being said, HERE'S A POLITICAL POST FOR YOU!!! Do you like how I had a long intro of how I'm not going to blog about politics and yet, here I go? I think this is fairly innocuous though, as this story is something of an observation, and an observation that I've made (to myself) over the past few months. You can click here to read it. I am really just linking here for the observation, the main point of the post, there are a few jabs in there that I might or might not agree with, but I'll stop because I'm not blogging about politics anymore.

No comments: