Friday, January 30, 2009

Smile!

I haven't been very good about keeping the blog updated with pictures of our girls, but Charlotte is on the tail end of being a little sick girl!  She had a little cold for a while and after spending last Saturday night screaming for hours on end, we decided a trip to the pediatrician was in order on Sunday morning (thank you for "on call" hours).  She was diagnosed with her first ear infection and a stomach virus.  She seems to be doing much better now and hopefully as she gets to the end of her antibiotic, she'll continue to improve.  At the appointment she weighed 10 lbs., 10 ozs, so she's growing pretty well in spite of the illnesses.  

In happier news, she rolled over for the first time from her tummy to her back on Tuesday!  We haven't had a repeat performance yet, but I'll keep you posted.  She is also starting to stay awake for longer periods of time and becoming more and more alert.  Jeff calls this the "blob" stage and I think she's slowly emerging from it!  

Caroline is doing well.  She has been on a puzzle kick lately and she has gotten to be really good at doing puzzles that are pretty difficult (in my opinion at least for a 3 year old).  There is a United States puzzle that she got for Christmas that she loves.  She wants us to tell her the names of the states as she finds their proper place and also tell her someone who lives in each state (I don't know people in every state, so this can be a chore).  Puzzles were one of my favorite things to do when I was younger and I really enjoy helping Caroline with her new-found pastime.  

I have to go back to work in a little over a week, so my time alone with Charlotte is getting short!  I do miss the people I work with, but I'm not quite sure how leaving my baby for at least part of each day is going to go.  I'm thinking there will be a few tearful days at the office at first. 



 

No comments: