Friday, October 10, 2008

Caroline's 3 year check up

This morning I took Caroline in for her flu shot and her three year check up. First of all, she is such a trooper about shots! As my mom can attest, she does not get that from me! When I was little, I would hide under the table to avoid shots, I would scream and cry at the thought of a shot. I don't know how old I was before I realized that shots really don't hurt that badly (perhaps 21, 22?). Caroline just said "Oww!" when she got the shot and then she was so excited about getting the band-aid and the fact that she was "getting big" because she doesn't cry when she gets a shot. She was so proud of the sticker she got, she never shed a tear.

She's hit all of the milestones that they ask about to be sure she's developmentally on track. She's 39 1/2 inches tall which puts her right above the 95th percentile in height and she weighs 33 lbs, which puts her at the 75th percentile for weights. All in all, our girl is growing and learning well! The only thing that we are continuing to monitor is Caroline's speech. She understands everything we say and most of the time Jeff and I can understand what she says, but often others cannot understand her. I know she's only 3, so I don't want to freak out about nothing, but I don't want something that can be easily addressed to go unchecked. So, we'll go back to see the speech therapist sometime in the next couple of months to evaluate.

We are looking forward to some nice weather (hopefully) for the weekend and a good night of wathcing the Tigers take on Florida Saturday night. Hope you have a good weekend!

No comments: