Thursday, April 07, 2011

Confessions of a Mama

It felt so good to get everything out in the open last week, I thought I'd do it again. Thank you for indulging me.  And if anyone wants to join me in this, feel free to leave your own confessions - there's nothing like getting a little affirmation in your perceived failings .. . .

I have finally admitted to myself that all of the baby weight (and, yes, I do mean the weight I gained from all four of my pregnancies) isn't going to lose itself.  So, I committed to working out two times a week. Tracy Anderson and I started out the day together for the past two days, so who knows, I might get a wild idea to run at some point in the near future. 

Aaaaaand Parenthood strikes again.  Oh my goodness.  The emotions on Tuesday night's show!  It was too much for me.  Everyone made me cry this week:  Amber and Sarah, Julia and Sydney, Hattie, Adam and Crosby. I haven't watched any other TV this week, so no chance for anything to make me cry. 

I had to confront my tendency to hold onto the reins of control this week.  Although I truly hate when I have to face my shortcomings (and I know they are numerous), I know it's good for me and those I love - so I am examining myself, trying to keep that tendency to control in check and stifling the urge to say, "Just let me do it!" 

In light of the above, I've been thinking a lot about this post.  And this one. And this email.  Oh, and this post too.  I don't want to be so busy trying to arrange things, make things work, and yes, control things, that I miss the moment.  

No comments: