Monday, April 11, 2011

New at 10:00 . . .

I thought I'd get a bit more traction out of Caroline's talent show experience by posting this video clip from the news.  She makes an ever-so-brief appearance.

In other news, I read this post, and the beginning of it had me nodding in complete agreement over her description of a two-year old tantrum.  Caroline didn't really go through too much of the terrible twos - or maybe she did and I've blocked it out of my memory.  In any event, Charlotte got an early start on the terrible twos and had a few "moments" this weekend.  Her last fit was last night when she decided she did not want to hear anything I had to say and almost made herself sick by screaming and flailing and crying on her bedroom floor.  As soon as she was done, she got up, hugged me and said, "Let's read three books tonight."  Happen, happen?

Camille is a little under the weather right now and I had to bring her to the doctor on Sunday.  The only upside to her getting sick is that I get to see how much she's growing.  She weighted 17 lbs, 10 ozs. and was 27 1/4 inches long.  Big girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looked so authentic! Total Broadway material. :)
Loved that post...we're just getting a taste of the meltdowns, though right now they only last about 3 minutes and usually involve needing a snack or a nap. (I definitely was the mom pacing in front of Target with a screaming toddler this weekend until I remembered that I had a snack for him in my purse). Anyway, that reminded me of this post that I read a couple of weeks ago about a heinous travel tantrum that made me want to give the author a hug and a day off. I know that this is part of the bag that we signed up for, and even in my short spurts of pre-tantrum outbursts, I find myself pulling a Mr Costanza and internally yelling, "SERENITY NOW!". It helps a little. :)

Ashley said...

I totally used "Serenity Now!" today. And that post was great. In a horrible, I'm so sorry that happened to you sense.