Wednesday, April 06, 2011

A Girl for All Seasons

 Our first born is growing up so much by the day.  She is no longer has any bit of baby left in her, she's all little girl.  Caroline is a joy to be around, I know I'm biased as her mother, but I am in awe of her in so many ways.  She has a sharp mind, a great sense of humor, she's inquisitive, patient to almost no end with her sisters, and so much more.  Right now Caroline is getting ready for her kindergarten talent show at school and she takes ballet and is playing soccer.  She has a love for life and all that it has to offer.  Her smile and sweet hugs and kisses make my mornings.  And my evenings.

Because she and I are both the oldest in our families, I feel like I know a little about what makes her tick, what she needs to hear and receive from us as her parents, and how we can encourage her and what it takes to get her attention.  But even though there's a lot of me in her, she is definitely her own person.  She has such a love for singing and dancing and anything dramatic, I pray that we cultivate all that God has put in her so that she continues to become more of who He made her to be.

When I pray for wisdom and patience and guidance for raising my girls, I pray it with three little girls' faces in mind.  And here are a few of one of those faces doing two of the things she loves.











I love you so much Caroline Jean!  

No comments: