Monday, August 22, 2011

Draw

The only thing that enabled me to move from the place of being debilitated by losing a baby to being able to function in a semi-coherent way was relying on the Grace of God.  


That's so true even with all of the seemingly smaller things in life too though, isn't it?  At least it is for me.  The kids are sick?  Something new at work that I know nothing about?  Feeling overwhelmed by all a day holds?  A fight with a friend?  A new hurdle for one of my kids?


"Father, I choose to draw on your Grace in this moment.  I am at the end of myself. You are able." 

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I needed this! Thank you for sharing.