Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tiny Desk Concerts

I've become a big fan of the Tiny Desk Concerts on NPR.  And just for fun, here are a few of my favorites:
update:  if you are reading this on Google Reader or another feed, you'll have to click over to read the original post to see the embedded player for each musician.  

Adele. Her voice speaks for itself. There's not a song on "21" that I don't like and the three songs she sings here are fab.


Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. You have to watch them. Until you can't look anymore. Seriously, I love the music, but I'm mystified about the love-in-song-festival-ness going on.
(the video for this one won't embed, but you can click here to jump to the NPR page)


Abigail Washburn. The banjo has a special place in my heart after living in Tennessee and she plays it -- and sings -- beautifully.


The Civil Wars. I hadn't seen them actually perform before this and it makes me like them even more than I did when I only heard them sing before.



These are just a few of my most favs. I could add several more to the mix, but seriously, you probably don't want to see a list of twenty TDC videos on this blog that is primarily about my children.

So, if you're interested here's the link to the Tiny Desk Concerts page where you can find, or discover, some of your own favorites.

No comments: